The Breeder's Standard®: dog breeding and pedigree software by PedFast
The Breeder’s Standard® 2022 - The Best Gets Better!
All New Compliance features to ensure that your reporting meets standards. An all new reporting engine, giving better formatting and much faster performance. We continually make the best even better!
The Most Comprehensive Dog Breeding Software ever Created.
The Breeder’s Standard™ 2022 has the most features of any breeding program ever created. Some of our features:
- Dog records
- Titles -- comprehensive titles management that shows them correctly on your pedigrees.
- Puppies, with day by day temperature and weight tracking
- Vet Visits
- Financial Transactions
- Photos - up to 65,535 photos per animal!
- Tracking multiple owners, breeders, and parties obtained from
- Competition: All major competition types, printed AKC Show Entry forms, and even a free form training log.
- GreenShade: a built-in simple accounting system for expenses and revenues
- A powerful contact management database
- Comprehensive reporting at the whole-kennel level as well as on each individual dog, litter or contact.
- The most beautiful pedigrees ever produced by any program, with over a dozen build-in formats, as well as hundreds of formats available from our optional Pedigree Power Packs
- A calendar with reminder capabilities as well as automatic reminders set for vewt visits
- The easiest ancestry entry system ever: PedFast™ V - enter five generations of ancestors rapidly from one window!
- Text pedigrees for email
- Reverse pedigrees
Genetics - the most comprehensive anywhere
- Inbreeding coefficient with up to 12 generation analysis and individual ancestor reporting
- Relationship coefficient for any proposed mating
- Our famous Crystal Ball™ analysis of ancestor genetic contribution and trait analysis, along with what-if pedigrees for proposed matings
- Built-in help on every screen of the program with our Puggsley™ system
- Control what fields you see on the screen with our unique Field Chooser™ feature. Speedier entry and easier to read lists.
Keep your records Ship-Shape: Compliance Management with Kennel Analyzer™.
Make sure that your record keeping passes the audit! The Breeder’s Standard® 2022 features the Kennel Analyzer, which looks to make sure that the information called for in AKC and USDA regulations is present. So when you get that visit from the auditor, you know that your records are in order.
The Analyzer lets you double-click on any issue it finds, and you can go straight to the right place to fix the record. It even tells you what you need to do to make your records complete.
Kennel Analyzer is on the Kennel Tab, in the section marked “Compliance.”
Also in that section you will find quick one-click links to the whole-kennel editions of the Animal Ownership Report and the "Record of a Litter produced By” reports.
Better Reports with the New Next-Generation Reporting Engine.
The Breeder’s Standard® 2022 has a new reporting engine. You now have more power, faster reports, and much better formatting.
The new reporting engine starts off with an easier and self-explanatory interface, which can expand into a full tool bar, making it much easier to navigate reports.
The new reporting engine also is speedier, and most importantly controls page flow better. This is seen most clearly in the Profile report, especially when you create profiles that have lots of text. See this preview zoomed out:
HoleFinder™ - Find Missing Ancestors.
The Breeder’s Standard® 2022 continues the tradition of the Pedigree Hole Finder, now named HoleFinder™. Whereas previous versions simply gave you a report of animals missing sire or Dam, HoleFinder gives you the power to interactively search a pedigree for missing ancestors, and fill in those ancestors on the spot.
HoleFinder™ also includes an easy to use pedigree hole map. Green Dots indicate ancestors present. Red dots indicate ancestors missing. Hover over the dots in the hole map to see information. Click on Green Dots with one or more Red-Dot parents to add ancestors with a very fast popup. Here is a video to show you HoleFinder™ in action!
Choose your Screen Color with our Color Schemes.
TBS 2022 offers you fifteen color schemes to empower you to personalize your program. Make the program your own.
PedCabinet™ File and document storage for Everything.
The Breeder’s Standard® 2022 has PedCabinet™ available for:
The Kennel Itself
You can keep a litter’s veterinary receipts attached to your litter, your sale contract with John Smith attached to Mr. Smith, Katy’s original pedigree certificate attached to Katy, and your kennel’s phone bill attached to your kennel. The possibilities are endless, and, as long as you have the PedCabinet™ add-on, all of the new options are all fully supported.
Import from Delimited Files
You can import a CSV or other delimited text file directly into The Breeder’s Standard® 2022! TBS 2022 supports all of the following delimited formats:
CSV (Comma Delimited)
TAB (Tab Delimited)
Pipe (|) Delimited
Any other delimiter you can type in.
Our built-in help gives you detailed and easy instructions how to map your text file to your TBS 2022 database and do the import. Escaping from “competing” programs has never been easier.
Make TBS 2022 your own with customizable screens.
Choose the fields you need to add or change. Choose the fields on your lists and the order in which they appear. The Work with My Dogs page now supports user-resized columns as well as user-select and ordering.
Available Now for immediate download and purchase.
You can download TBS 2022 and see for yourself with a pre-sale 14 day trial. Download the Next Level of Awesome Today.
The Breeder’s Standard® 2022 is available immediately. First time purchases are $119.99. Upgrades from older versions of PedFast Technologies™ Programs are only $65.99. Lower prices apply during sale events.
You can purchase the program from our secure online website at
24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
The Breeder’s Standard® — Others promise what we’ve already delivered.